What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Suggestion Forum Global Image Preview Size/download

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by joey_tbf, Jan 22, 2015.

1. joey_tbf

joey_tbf Member

It would be great if there was an admin option to set a "Forum Global Preview Size" option.

I want to make the preview maximum size 600 x 600. Then i want to only give certain users the persmission to download the real size images.

In fact. Maybe you could integrate this with your "Download Orignal Photos" option. (by permissions)

Global size is set at: 600x600 and the admin could make different usergroups

Guests: not able to download
    Most active Members: able to download large size

that would be awesome!!!

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

I afraid that this could not be implemented. XenGallery is user-oriented. It means users control what they own like social network. They can allow who can view or download their stuffs. Administrators can set size in option but cannot force users not allow others to download. That is also why you cannot see User group in the privacy settings.

The idea of photo size (for instance medium size, large size...) per User group is good but it requires more resources to processing when we want to rebuild photos. But I will note this on the todo list.

3. joey_tbf

joey_tbf Member

I understand that it is "user-oriented" But not every forum is the same. There is many "user-oriented" forums and "non user-oriented" forums. So i think maybe get more customers if you have more features. If every forum was the same. The it would be boring. Different forums make the internet a better and more fun place.