What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Fixed Image Processing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AmurBereg, Aug 20, 2013.

1. AmurBereg

AmurBereg Authorized Member Authorized

Is there any way that enable the processing of images, as in the forum?

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Could you explain more about this?

3. AmurBereg

it was understood my question, I will try to describe in more detail...

I come ACP -> Options -> Attachments:Attachment Image Dimensions combined total (width x height) - 2560x2048. When i come php.ini edit option memory_limit=20 M.
    And now when I uploaded the photo to the forum up to 20 MB, it is processed on the server side and is not more than the maximum limit 2560x2048 and size no more than 500 kb.
    Can I just make a Xengallery, ie so that photo was processed on the server side?

4. sonnb

I see. XenGallery do not use the option "Attachments:Attachment Image Dimensions combined total (width x height)" so it does nothing with your changes. You do not need to change it.

XenGallery use separated option that based on User Group Permission. You could go to User Group Permission and look for this:

upload_2013-8-20_15-37-0.png

5. AmurBereg

Thanks, I've seen this option. I understand correctly, the user must process the image to the limit? Automatically every picture is not processed on the server?

6. sonnb

Users cannot post images that bigger than this limit (follow by their permission and their group's permission). Bigger images would get an error on uploading.

7. AmurBereg

Why not make that the photos are automatically processed to the limit? Or is it due to the load on the server? :)

8. sonnb

Firstly, yes, it is very important part. Your server might die if process that way.
    Secondly, we should not do that because automatically process might loss some parts/quality of images. We should return to users and they should do it themselves.

9. AmurBereg

Got it, thanks for the explanation :) I was then and forum set so that users process pictures?

10. sonnb

Yes, Users must resize/crop the photos if they exceed our limitation in User Group Permission settings.

11. sonnb

Uploading percent is now fixed in 1.0.16.