1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

BUG Line Break In Album Description Add Br Tags To The Description Below The Main Gallery Title.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RobinHood, May 16, 2017.

1. RobinHood

RobinHood Authorized Member Authorized

When you create a description for an album and add line breaks, it appears fine in the description below all the photos.

That description is also displayed above all the photos, below the album title. But here the br tags are added and it doesn't look good

upload_2017-5-16_15-33-10.png

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Because there are some places where I prevent using the HTML to prevent XSS attacking. This must be resolved by replace br with a new line.

3. RobinHood

Ahh okay, would rather have that than a security vulnerability.

Hopefully you can find a solution at some point :)

4. sonnb

Do you mean that you add the <br /> tag yourself in the editor?

5. RobinHood

No, I write a normal description when creating a new album, adding line breaks from the keyboard to formate it in a way to make it easier to read.

But when I save it and create the album, the <br> tags are added to the description at the top of the album, below it's title.

Example
    At the top of the page you see the description with the tags.
    At the bottom of the page, below all the images is the exact same description, but with only line breaks.

6. sonnb

Ah. You see it because you enabled the title bar. I can see it now.

RobinHood likes this.