1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Multi Upload With Firefox/smartphone Doent Work

Discussion in 'XenGallery' started by GHuD, Apr 11, 2016.

1. GHuD

GHuD Authorized Member Authorized

Hi, with XenGallery 2.5.5 Im getting problems to upload more than 1 file (Foto) with Firefox (Windows) /and Adroid Smartphones ... ... with Chrome (Windows) it works

Any Hints for me ?

2. whynot

whynot Authorized Member Authorized

Adobe's Flash?

3. GHuD

On a Smartphone ???

4. whynot

Sorry.

5. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Are you saying that multiple upload with Firefox on Windows is not possible? Because I am using Firefox for my main development browser and I has no issue. I will try Firefox on an Android (probably with Android simulator as I do not have an Android device).

6. sonnb

With Firefox on Android, do you mean that you cannot select multiple images at once? It seems that Firefox force select only one image a time. It uploads instantly when I click on an image.

7. GHuD

1st: When I try to make uploads via Firefox (Win) it looks like this:

upload_2016-4-22_8-13-34.png
    With Chrome (Win) that Requester will not come and Ican select as much Photos as I like

8. sonnb

Ah, it is not an bug then. Generally, in XF, we have 2 upload modes. Flash and Ajax. In this case, your Firefox was unable to load the Flash uploader. It could be because of flash disabled? What is your firefox version (win)?

9. GHuD

Firefox is: 45.0.2

10. whynot

I think Firefox doesn't use Flash at all.

11. GHuD

Is there a way to get it work ?

edit: I think i got a solution ... I will write it down, if it works

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  12. GHuD

13. sonnb

Yes, because it is Ajax uploader, not Flash. I believe you can enable flash in your firefox to use flash uploader if you want.

14. FunInAsia

FunInAsia DELETE MY ACCOUNT ! Authorized

I'll try to bring some light into the dark....

a.) Flash is used by all browsers on Windows (desktop) so you have installed the dedicated flash versions for them. And there is a "Lite" version for Windows mobile.
    b.) Flash is NOT used in any Android device ! So you can upload on such devices only via Ajax or html (addon for XF needed)
    c.) The Android browser is just BAD and in most of the cases not able to let you chose more than one file at once. Use chrome instead on Android, works fine.
    c.) In Xenforo ther is an option in your user settings where you can disable flash upload, Ajax or html5 (recommended !) will be used then:

upload_2016-4-29_10-24-16.png

sonnb likes this.
  15. NaNa

NaNa Member

I have the same problem, I cannot upload multiple images in Chrome, and, I am allowed in firefox but it stops uploding when the photoes are on 90%
    Where can I find these settings?

16. FunInAsia

Might be your upload-limit in xenforo or even the php max upload size on your webserver. Is it constantly at 90% ?

17. NaNa

NaNa Member

Yes it is. It does not matter how big are the pics or how many of them I want to upload.

This happens in Chrome: Screenshot_1.jpg

This one is in Firefox Screenshot_4.jpg

18. FunInAsia

Please can you provide your XF version and the information if you upload with flash or html5 !?

19. sonnb

I could help if you send me an account to test the issue.

20. NaNa

NaNa Member