1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Fixed Our Gallery Currently Accepts Images Only

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Smooth, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Smooth

Smooth Authorized Member Authorized

Hello!

I'm getting a strange error when uploading some image types. It seems to happen at random, and sometimes if an image gets converted from jpg to png? Is there any way to allow all png files to see if that sorts?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 12.56.49.png

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

It depends, there are some images made by some software that do not use common file definition, will be not recognized by PHP GD library. Could you send me this file (in zip), so I can show you the proof?

3. Smooth

Sorry for the delay!

This is the image that doesn't import

Thanks for investigating Sonnb.

Zip attached.

Attached Files:

4. Smooth

Hi @sonnb any luck?

Thank you.

5. sonnb

Sorry for delay. I swear I typed the answer to you but maybe somehow it was not posted.

The attached PNG file is actually a JPG file. The gallery check file extension against its file type. In this case the extension and file type is not matched therefore it refuses the file. You can try to rename to JPG and upload.

This must be improved later, we should either: Remove this check or automatically rename the extension.

6. Smooth

Thanks @sonnb much appreciated. The issue is that the bug occurs if an image is saved to an iOS device from the forum then uploaded to a gallery - which makes renaming it impossible.

Would there be any chance of getting the check removed if it's a PNG/JPG?

7. sonnb

Sure. Maybe this check is not necessary. I am going to update this weekend.

8. sonnb

Removed this check.

9. Smooth

Legend! Thank you very much @sonnb. Updating now!