1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Question Size Of Embedded Images Via Icon In Texteditor

Discussion in 'XenGallery' started by snoopy5, Jan 21, 2014.

1. snoopy5

snoopy5 Authorized Member Authorized

Hi,

I want to offer my users the possibility to embed images in a posting with the xengallery icon/button in the texteditor of XF. But it seems that I can not chnange the size of these embeded Xengallery images.

The size (in pixel) is a lot smaller than the setting for the specific usergroup in XF-ACP.

How can I adapt this to the size in the usergroup permissions?

Thanks

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Actually we have an option for this but currently disabled. Which is

3. snoopy5

Hi

would it be not easier to put a look-up in the Xengallery-code, so it is allowing the exact same size as in the usergroup permissions for the normal postings within Xenforo?

That would make life a lot easier, because premium users will immediately start to complain if non-premium members suddenly can show as big images as premium members...

Best wishes

4. sonnb

No, it does not work that way. You cannot just fix that. Like other bbcodes, you have extra option inside BBCode to display extra informations.

5. snoopy5

mmmmmhhhh...

would it then possible to code it that way, so that the admin can adjust sizes per usergroup within xengallery for this embedded images?

I just need a solution that helps to keep the difference between normal users and paying members. The image size is one of the few really significant advantages for a premium usergroup. For the rest, the users do not really care...

6. sonnb

I am afraid it cannot be in XenGallery as default because it will not fit all customers requirement. I think we can customize it as an add-on for XenGallery.

snoopy5 likes this.
  7. snoopy5

Can it be available let's say.... yesterday? :D

8. sonnb

You can request it as a custom work if you really need it.

9. snoopy5

Hi

could you send me a quote via conversation/PM for this custom work? I need 2 different offers:

a) only for the images that are coming from the sonnb Gallery via the buttons in the text editor

b) for all linked/embedded images within a xenforo forum (I do not know whether this is technically possible)

Thanks

10. sonnb

a. It is clear as we will get thumbnail's size from permission.
    b. This means thumbnail of attachments? Where does the size come from?

11. Steve

Steve New Member

I too would find it very helpful to be able to show the images at their uploaded size. It looks a little (no pun intended) odd having the pictures smaller in my threads,I would link to it but im not allowed to yet

12. sonnb

As I have mentioned above, there will be an option in BBCode to do that.

13. Steve

Steve New Member

Hi

Any idea when this may become an option?

If it will be a while I may also be interested in putting a paid request in, im finding that it is becoming quite essential

14. sonnb

It will be in the next update.

15. snoopy5

Do you have an estimated timeframe for the next release, in which this is included?

Thanks

16. sonnb

I prefer to fix current bugs first. New implementations will be published in later release

17. snoopy5

Is option a) now included in the current gallery version?

Could you send me a quote for option b)?

Thanks

18. sonnb

Now I forget what the option b actually is :D

19. snoopy5

Hi,

I have to dig out this old thread again, because it is not clear for me whether and how this works with the current version of XenGallery 2.6.5

Insert_image_from_albums.jpg

What Resolution/Pixel and KB size is XenGallery using when using these insert fields within the textbox of Xenforo 1.5.17 shown in the screenshot above?

How can I make sure, that the sizes are the same as normal picture uploading in a posting (settings in the ACP for usrgroup permissions)?

20. snoopy5

Another question: How can I change the colour of the two icons on the screenshot above at #1.

With a dark background, it is hard to see them...