1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Help Css Conflict With Ewrmedio / Css Height Control

Discussion in 'XenGallery' started by moshbit, Mar 1, 2014.

1. moshbit

moshbit Authorized Member Authorized

I was having a css conflict with another plugin (i think it was EWR_medio) where changes to the "grid item width" were having no effect. whatever i changed the value to didn't do anything.

fortunately, i solved this by adding !important to the max/min width control elements in sonnb_xengallery_album_list_item.css like so:

Code:
    .itemGallery {
        @property "sonnbXenGalleryGridItem";
        margin: 0 0 10px;
        position: relative;
        min-height: 110px;
        float: left;
        border: dotted #525151 1px !important;
        @property "/sonnbXenGalleryGridItem";;
        max-width: @sonnb_xengallery_itemwidth !important;
        min-width: @sonnb_xengallery_itemwidth !important;
        margin-right: @sonnbXenGalleryGridItem.margin-bottom;
    }
    this solved the problem, but the only issue i'm having now is figuring out how to fix the grey area that is appearing below each image:

height.png

normally this wouldn't be a big deal (they're pretty small) but when viewing the gallery on mobile devices the grey area gets pretty huge.

i'm assuming this is a 'max-height' css issue, but i can't seem to find out to fix it since my css skills are a bit mediocre.

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Actually widget's width will not help you. XenGallery (XG) will calculate the grid's size based on your browser's width which make XG responsive. By adding important!, you are disabling the responsive ability of XG.

On mobile devices, depends on mobile's resolution, the width will vary. Can you show me the screenshot with gray area?

3. moshbit

hmm... i don't think i'm changing anything having to do with a widget. i'm only making changes to sonnb_xengallery_album_list_item.css.

what i was saying before is that something in the [bd] widget framework plugin or a widget in the plugin is disabling changes to the 'grid item width':

griditem.png

i've come to this conclusion since looking at it with google chrome's 'inspect element' feature shows that .itemGallery .img a img { max-width: 222px; } is being ignored:

itemgallery.png

that, and of course, the fact that changes in the 'grid item width' (as stated above) have no effect on the width of each picture in the grid, until 'important' is added to "max-width: @sonnb_xengallery_itemwidth" in the template 'sonnb_xengallery_album_list_item.css'.

here's a screen shot of what it looks like on my android phone in dolphin browser, after making the !important adjustment above:

Screenshot_2014-03-06-16-04-16.png

thanks for your help, i apologize if i'm doing something wrong or interpreting something incorrectly :D

4. sonnb

For the first point, that is currently the way XenGallery works to make itself responsive. If it takes your setting (which is 222px) to be the final value, you will see some blank space on the right because 222px * 3 will not fit your current browser's width.

That also make the issue as you can see in your mobile device because you have fixed the width, it cannot be responsive anymore.

5. moshbit

ok, i understand what you're saying, but here's what my website looks like when i remove the !important from the css (note that i have NOT changed the 222px in 'grid item width'):

withoutimportant.png

it will remain looking like this no matter what i enter in the 'grid item width' field. even if i enter 5px or 5000px, nothing changes...

6. sonnb

Please give me your site URL for investigation.

7. moshbit

8. sonnb

It is because of your changes.

upload_2014-3-9_10-41-6.png

You have added !important to the border of this class. It makes the total width of items exceed container's width.

9. moshbit

ah.. i see. removing the !important from the border removes the border and corrects the alignment of the pictures:

stpgallery.png

but it looks so much nicer with the border :p

can you suggest what i can do to keep the border without breaking the layout? thank you for your patience!

10. sonnb

Because you have removed the box-shadow property in .itemGallery css. This property will have you to have border alike.