1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Sonnb - Live Thread 1.2.0

Transform your boring threads into Lived

1. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

It is just replicate F5 but only fetch new posts not the whole page. So you are safe to use.

2. sonnb

3. sonnb

4. sonnb

5. mmacomm

mmacomm Authorized Member Authorized

This is a great addon and i paid because it enhanced my site so much...but one hiccup.

Drafts are saved and even after submitting, that same draft is often in the quick reply and didn't go away. So the next message I have to delete that draft to reply again.

Any thoughts??

6. sonnb

I have replied once on XF. I will look at it and will fix it.

7. sonnb

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this. What is the browser you are getting this issue?

8. sonnb

Anyway, I changed the JS to adapt some new features of XF. I will post the update soon.

9. mmacomm

Chrome, but is happening for users in multiple browsers. Happens after it has been running for a few pages or more.

Any update?

10. mmacomm

I am running a live thread right now. Multiple users complaining of it.

My guess is you aren't seeing it because of timing.

Make thread live. Set timer to 20 seconds. Draft saves are stock. Quote somebody, start typing some response. Hit the response. Leave the thread, come back. your draft is there. You wipe it, you post again. Leave the thread, come back, your draft is still there....repeat.

The issue is that despite submitting a post, the draft doesn't recognize this and saves it. To reproduce, type long enough to catch a draft. Then leave and come back.

Can you just give an option to disable drafts in that thread in anyway?

11. sonnb

I made some adjustment locally. I will post the updated one soon.

12. mmacomm

Thanks you. Hopefully this will fix the draft problem as well as an issue where pages sometimes refresh instead of live refreshing.

13. mmacomm

I'm working on details with Jaxel (who writes xenporta) but just so you know, if using his addon and a thread is featured your add-on breaks. It just refreshes the page and turns itself off.
    While I know this isn't directly your problem, perhaps there is some sort of forced checking you can do to make sure the live thread doesn't shut itself off.

He an I have been discussing and there is no change to the thread itself when it is featured. So there is some thought it has something or another to do with javascript caching. It's very strange, but thought this might tie in with your update.
    Thank you.

14. sonnb

Thanks for your information. I will check it because I have a version of XenPorta2 locally.

15. mmacomm

please contact me if you have any trouble duplicating. I would be happy to give you an account on my forum to test it out. I have enabled and disabled all of my addons to diagnose this issue. It seemed random at first but now I can reproduce it.

16. sonnb

whynot likes this.