1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Sonnb - Report Alert 2.0.0 RC

Send Alerts and Emails to Moderators for various Report actions

1. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

sonnb submitted a new resource:

Report Alert (version 1.0.0) - Send Alerts and Emails to Moderators for various Report actions

Read more about this resource...

2. sonnb

3. ehd

ehd New Member

Is there a way to specify certain moderators getting the report or exclude some?

4. sonnb

It is not available in the current version. Basically, you will only get alerts if you have permission to view that report.

5. ehd

ehd New Member

OK, if you develop this further some day please think of this feature :D

6. sonnb

Ok, I will note it.

7. sonnb

8. Alec Lee

Alec Lee Authorized Member Authorized

Can anyone offer advice on how to display thread titles in the report email.

9. snoopy5

snoopy5 Authorized Member Authorized

@sonnb

I would also be very interested in this enhanced functionality. I would be willing to pay for it. Could you please PM me a quote on this? For XF1.5x

10. snoopy5

Will this addon be updated fir XF 2.x?

This addon is one of my most important addons. I do not understand why this is for free. Everybody would be willing to pay 10 USD for it.

There is no other addon that is able to do the same and afaik, this is not in the core of XF 2.x

This addon saves a lot of time for all my moderators. Please make a version for XF 2.x

11. sonnb

I have just checked. It was adapted for XF 2.x for few months ago. I will check overall again and let you know.

Thanks for let me know. I will think about that :)

snoopy5 likes this.
  12. sonnb

snoopy5 likes this.
  13. snoopy5

No just add a single feature to this:

Add a way to specify certain moderators getting the report or exclude some moderators/admins from it.

The scenario is often like this: An admin is running several independent forums. Each forum has several moderators. The job of the moderators is to run the community forum on the front end. The job of the admin is to make sure that technically everything is up to date etc., so no user interaction with the admin.

But it is a mess if also admins get those report alerts.

In very big forums, the moderators usually split the work depending on the sub forum. Therefore it would be the top of the ice cake, if you could not only offer an option to exclude the admin from these alerts, but also to add options to make a cross for each moderator, who shall get alerts in general and if yes, for which topics/subforums.

And charge 10 USD for that addon. It is really a time saver and worth it to pay for it. I do not see the point for you to make great and beneficial addons (and beeing motivated to continue with this), without earning money with your addons.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  14. sonnb

There is already the permission to globally ignore alert and/or email. Therefore an user or usergroup can easily get rid of this. The only missing is managing on the forum level. This probably need to be done in each user preference basic.

Thanks for your suggestion about the charging.

15. snoopy5

Yes. But if I want as an admin to get all the normal XF alerts but only the one of your report alert not?

16. sonnb

I am not sure I get the question. In case they only want the report alert, they need to disable all the other alerts first.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    snoopy5 likes this.
  17. snoopy5

I meant the other way around. The admin shall not get the report alerts. Only the moderators shall get them.

18. snoopy5

Can I install Report Alert 2.0.0 RC also on a XF 1.5.24 installation or is this for XF 2.x only?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  19. sonnb

It is for XF 2.x only. For XF 1.x, please install the older version.

20. snoopy5

@sonnb

Will this addon be soon out of RC mode? Will it work with XF2.1x or even with the upcomimng 2.2?