1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Sonnb - Xengallery (xenforo Gallery) [paid] 2.6.10

Modern Albums with Photos and Videos gallery for your XenForo

1. snoopy5

snoopy5 Authorized Member Authorized

I am optimistic that the communication will improve soon. Let's wait and see.

Screenshot_20200427-115713__01.jpg

2. ActorMike

ActorMike Authorized Member Authorized

This @snoopy5 person cracks me up. The developer said well over THREE YEARS AGO he was updating for XF2. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Why do you want to use a product so badly that the developer goes missing for months/years and doesn't keep promises? Sometimes you have to move on. Nobody likes changes, but it's often necessary. There isn't going to be another version. Most people already migrated to another solution so his customer base is gone in large.

Even this website is outdated and running XenForo 1.5.15 which is from September 2017. For all we know that login is from someone who hacked the board.

The fact that someone has been logging in under the owner's account actually makes it worse because that means he's been ignoring these messages since September 2019. He's not posted on the board in 7+ months- http://www.sonnb.com/members/sonnb.1/#postings

Time to face reality and not false hopes/dreams about an unreliable programmer releasing a new version he doesn't support!

3. snoopy5

obviously you like.to hear your own voice :D

Since you still post the same stuff since months, you have not been at your doctor I guess.

You even start with theories just because you are angry. We all know what your opinion is. The repetition in every thread like a child is getting really on our nerves.

Open your own anti-Sonnb forum if you want to, but stop spamming us here.

Do you get this or is this intellectually to demandong for you?

4. ActorMike

He's not posted on the board in 7+ months- http://www.sonnb.com/members/sonnb.1/#postings
    The fact someone has been logged in under his account and still ignoring customer messages isn't something to be excited about. He actually went about half a year ithout even logging in at all. This board is running XF 1.5.15 which is over 3 years old, so for all we know someone hacked the board.

We switched over to XenForo Media Gallery and are very happy with it. We used the importer to import everything from this out of date software.

XF 1.5 is not supported anymore, this software is also no longer supported, so it's vital that everyone upgrade to XF 2.0 and forget about this unreliable developer keeping his three-year-old promise. The time for playing games is over.

5. snoopy5

So what do you look for here then?

You can complain at XFMG about the slow progress of their own gallery over the last 7 years. It is even now after 7 years not on par with the old (!) Gallery of Sonnb!

To be honest I don't understand why you are complaining all the time. Sonnb doesn't owe you anything. He has one product which is still available on this website which is still working perfectly with XF 1.5x and is still leading the class with its features.

He did not take any money from us for any future product. We paid for product and we got it. Fully working. so what's your point?

It seems to me that your jealous. It seems that you're not really satisfied with media gallery and are still coming here in the hope the new version of SonnB gallery is coming out so you can switch again.

Otherwise it doesn't make any sense that you're showing up each day here shouting out your bullshit and make a fool of yourself by posting all the time the same bullshit.

So get a life and stop posting all the time the same. You're happy with media gallery so stick to their forum and complain there if you have something to complain.

I am neither happy that there's still no new version out there yet because I know nothing beats SonnB gallery. But instead of bashing him it would be smarter to motivate him to develop the new version.

I tried XF media gallery already (even the version for XF 2.1) and compared it to the old gallery of SonnB. It does not come even close to it. So it might be a lot smarter to stick around and motivate him in the hope that something will be announced soon.

You can use your energy to motivate the Xenforo people to make a better product. Why don't you do that?

6. zoldos

zoldos Authorized Member Authorized

I have to admit I am a little annoyed that I paid $$ to re-new support and now he isn't replying. I did get the fixed version that corrected a large bug, but besides that, I get no replies to multiple support requests. :(

ActorMike likes this.
  7. snoopy5

I thought that there was an announcement over at Xenforo that the old gallery ist not supported anymore?

Did you sent him a PM?

8. zoldos

Yes, I sent several PMs like last year..... :(

9. ActorMike

It's definitely unethical, and then we have tools like the guy above trying to control what everyone else says or posts and making personal attacks. lol

I've been using the internet since 1990 and own an IT/Web Design company. These offshore developers are notorious for disappearing like this and have tons of excuses like

I was in the hospital
    A typhoon hit
    Internet connection problems in our city.

They are masters of deception and excuses.

At this point, it's pretty obvious to everyone but one user, that everyone needs to just move on even if he was to resurface and promise to update the software. He resurfaced 8 months ago and I warned everyone not to expect any promises to be kept!

10. zoldos

It shows that @sonnb logged on today, but again, no replies.

I thought the internet launched in 1993? hehe I've been on-line since 1997 and am a veteran web master.

ActorMike likes this.
  11. ActorMike

You're not serious are you? I was using the Internet through Oak Ridge National Laboratory aka ORNL in 1990. Usenet has been around for years. I designed a website for a Ford Dealer in 1995 and another one a company before that.

zoldos likes this.
  12. zoldos

I mean the "world wide web" circa 92', 93'. I was "on-line" prior to that on Prodigy in 1990.

13. snoopy5

Your username is Actor Mike. It might be more a drama queen :)

As long as you do not stop to spam this forum all over, I do not stop to hold against it.

There is NO new information about what you are posting here. It is always the same. And you pretend to run a IT/webdesign company? Come back if you have something new to say.

What is you personal benefit of spamming here around and getting on our nerves? Nothing enjoyable in your life? I mean, seriously, don't you have better things to do than bashing on software developer which software you are not using anymore anyway because you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy with XF Media Gallery?

If it would not be such a pain in the neck to always read the same text, it would be funny.

Remember this is a support forum for a software you are not using anymore, as you said. This is not a stage for actors.

Hopefully Sonnb will ban you at some point because this is going nowhere.

14. ActorMike

"The Internet" existed long before the World Wide Web started. WWW got popular in 1993 because of Mosaic later called NetScape.

15. snoopy5

Although I agree that there should be an answer to a PM, we have to accept that the old gallery is "end of life". Same as with Xenforo 1.5, there is no support anymore for it.

So if you have specific questions, it would be nice if he could help you out, but it is not mandatory, because XenGallery is EOL and the software with which it is compatible with is also EOL.

Of course I still have both on some of my sites. But I do not expect anything. Neither from Xenforo team, nor from SonnB.

zoldos likes this.
  16. zoldos

At least that last big bug was fixed.....

17. zoldos

Indeed...

18. snoopy5

19. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

otto and zoldos like this.
  20. zoldos

Thanks! :)