1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Help Suddenly Getting Errors With Video Uploading!!

Discussion in 'Helps & Supports' started by zoldos, Sep 4, 2016.

1. zoldos

zoldos Authorized Member Authorized

My server runs Ubunto 14.04 with Apache 2 and PHP 7.0.9. I suddenly started getting this error on video uploads. I already increased "Max Execution Time", and all the usual php.ini settings and it still doesn't work. This is a snippet from my server error log:

Code:
    [Sun Sep 04 21:22:24.677950 2016] [fcgid:warn] [pid 19633] (32)Broken pipe: [client 217.254.73.151:52826] mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer: https://thetorturedsoul.net/index.php
    [Sun Sep 04 21:29:36.493963 2016] [fcgid:warn] [pid 19669] (70008)Partial results are valid but processing is incomplete: [client 170.253.208.156:49517] mod_fcgid: can't get data from http client, referer: https://thetorturedsoul.net/index.php?gallery/albums/stuff-i-like.282/add-video

Thanks!

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

Since this error appears, can the video be uploaded?

3. sonnb

It seems only happen for the large video files?

4. sonnb

Do you know if this happens on the user's PC or mobile upload?

5. sonnb

6. zoldos

It happened on a 12MB video and on up to higher sizes. I added this to PHP7's php.ini file:
    FcgidMaxRequestLen = 10485760
    and restarted Apache. But I still get this (on the front end): "There was an error uploading your file", with no XF server side errors.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  7. sonnb

Unfortunately 10485760 is around 10MB only. You should try to increase it more.

8. zoldos

I changed it to 104857600 and still get the error. I also tried changing "FcgidMaxRequestLen = 104857600" to "MaxRequestLen = 104857600" and restarted my Apache server both times. Same error. :(

I did notice that MaxRequestLen = 104857600 is NOT shown in phpinfo(); yet IS inside php.ini and that is indeed the PHP config file that is loaded....

:(

9. sonnb

Then probably the configured values are not being loaded. This could be the issue?

10. zoldos

Where in the Ubunto file system can I change that?

11. sonnb

12. zoldos

I'm using Ubunto 14.04. I didn't see anything in php.ini referring to mod_unixd :(

13. sonnb

Before this issue happens, do you have any change on the system?

14. zoldos

I didn't. I moved my host from dedicated to VPS from the same company, and video uploading worked great, then a few weeks later it just stopped working. Very odd! :(

15. sonnb

Since large videos cannot be uploaded, it mostly related to the request length, post max size which you did not changed since the last move. I suggest you to: Try upload big attachment (12MB for instance). If you cannot then you should contact the VPS support if they can do some check for you on the configuration.

16. zoldos

Okay thanks for the help! :D

17. zoldos

Fixed it. Turns out ffmpeg got removed on accident. lol

sonnb likes this.