1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Not a bug Uploading Photos With Chrome

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Patrick Schmidt, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Patrick Schmidt

Patrick Schmidt New Member

Hello Support Team,

currently it is not possible to upload pictures with Chrome on my Site. But with the "Internet Explorer" it is possible without any problems, all users are affected by this. Uploading a single image is unfortunately not possible with Chrome he does not even put a thumbnail there, but if you click on save, it will be in the gallery..
    What I also noticed is that I can only upload 1 image (at the same time) with the Chrome, but over 10 with the IE..

After clicking on "upload pictures"

Chrome:
    [​IMG]

IE:
    [​IMG]

2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

Could you send me an account in conversation for testing?

3. sonnb

Hello Patrick,

Here is my finding:

1. The reason you cannot select multiple images: As you might know, flash is now disabled in Chrome by default unless you enabled it. Earlier XF version relies on the SWFUpload which is flash. Therefore you cannot use it. I suggest you upgrade to the latest XF1.x version to benefit from the new HTML5 uploader. And also upgrade to the latest XenGallery to support HTML5 uploader.

2. The reason you cannot see the selected image: This is because of an JS error in Siropu chat add-on. As an error occurred here, the JS of XenGallery cannot be run, however the content still available in HTML. That is why you can save it.

upload_2017-12-7_12-1-33.png
    upload_2017-12-7_12-2-57.png

4. Patrick Schmidt

Patrick Schmidt New Member

Thanks for the fast help, really a great service!
    So, I've already done the suggestions

XenGallery updated to the latest version..
    SiropuChat updated to the latest version..

Now I can See the uploaded Pictures, at the weekend I will update XF to the latest version in order to be able to upload several pictures at the same time.

sonnb likes this.
  5. sonnb

I am happy to hear that it works for you.