1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
What Do You Need In The Xf2 Xengallery Version? Vote for your choices here: http://www.sonnb.com/threads/what-do-you-need-in-the-xf2-xengallery-version.1539/

Fixed When Using The Heart Icon To Like An Image, It Also Likes All Comments In The Comments Thread

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RobinHood, Dec 22, 2016.

1. RobinHood

RobinHood Authorized Member Authorized

I was just using the gallery overlay, clicked the heart button to like the photo, then noticed it also likes all the comments associated with that photo. Unliking the image using the heart logo unliked all the comments too.

I'm not able to individually unlike specific comments either.

EDIT: With a bit more playing, I'm not sure if it does actually action the like on the comments on the database. But perhaps only changes the display of the link from 'Like' to 'Unlike'

When I clicked 'Unlike' on two of them to reverse the automatic liking, nothing changes on the page. But when I reloaded it, most of the comments reverted back to their their normal unliked position, but the two that I tried to unlike, were actually now liked.

upload_2016-12-22_11-9-32.png

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your investigation. Sound likes it is just wrong like text applied to the comment when it supposed to be applied for the photo only.

RobinHood likes this.
  3. sonnb

sonnb Administrator Staff Member

Fixed.

RobinHood likes this.